Spherix® – an Aluminosilicate Ceramic (ASC) product with unique advantages for increasingly competitive industries, has a sphere shape that gives it performance enhanced properties. As a 100% post-industrial material, it contributes the maximum benefit possible toward LEED project certification points. Its controlled particle range and sphere shape mean that Spherix® takes less resin or binder to wet out the surface than other fillers, resulting in low resin/binder demand, which allows high solids formulations, low shrinkage, and lower cost.
Benefits of plastics:
- Reduced mixing time and energy consumption
- Higher mixing, extrusion and molding rates
- Enhanced surface smoothness, reduced shrinkage, warp and mold fouling
- Greater product uniformity and batch-batch consistency
- Excellent erosion and weather resistance
- Excellent for use in fire-resistant applications